WHAT IS NEBULA 2017?
This is an opportunity for regionally based visual artists to spend 3 intensive days with 7 other practitioners in Adelaide during SALA Festival 2017. Successful applicants will participate in a specially chosen program of workshops, forums, networking opportunities and gallery visits aimed at creating networks and taking their arts practice to the next level. The program aims to cultivate relationships between artists from South Australia’s regional areas, and to connect them with metro artists, gallery directors and curators. Attendance is free.
• Are a visual artist based in regional South Australia
• Are a resident of regional South Australia. You can check if your place of residence is considered regional here
• An artist with a desire to engage in conversation with your peers, and build a network across the state
• An emerging artist ready to take the next step in your career
• A mid-career or established artist who would like to extend your statewide network
• Can demonstrate an ongoing commitment to your arts practice
• Ready to share your experiences and understanding of being an artist based in regional SA with your peers
Please note government workers are able to take part but are ineligible to apply for travel assistance.
Artists who have participated in the Visual Arts Professional Development Road Trip 2015 are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to participants who have not undertaken a road trip previously.
Wednesday 16 August – Friday 18 August 2017
Applications close July 3. For more information and to apply click here.